One of RFA's chosen Milwaukee County projects was Right to Counsel Milwaukee, which gives legal representation to families facing eviction.
Around 185,000 residents aged 60 or older live in Milwaukee County, and one in 10 have faced some type of abuse from a trusted family member, friend or neighbor.
Milwaukee County will maintain a mask mandate for Milwaukee County Transit System riders and staff.
Milwaukee County's top prosecutor said Thursday that a young assistant in his office rushed to set $1,000 bail for a man before he allegedly drove his vehicle through a Christmas parade because she was overworked and never saw his risk assessment.
Although most of the attention paid to juvenile justice has come in response to the state's failure to meet the January deadline to close the Lincoln Hills and Copper Lake youth prisons, Milwaukee County officials continue to make strides to drastically reduce the number of local youth incarcerated in these institutions.
The presidential recount in Wisconsin's Milwaukee County came in slightly under budget, at nearly $1.7 million, according to data released Wednesday.
The top lawyer for Milwaukee County can practice again. Corporation Counsel Margaret Daun’s law license was suspended on June 16 after she had failed to meet the deadline for certifying she had completed 30 hours of required continuing-legal education in 2018 and 2019. Daun told the Journal Sentinel she had taken enough courses but hadn’t […]
Milwaukee County's top lawyer can't practice law at the moment because of a license suspension over a missed deadline by when she was supposed to show she had completed continuing legal-education requirements.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court, Court of Appeals and several Circuit Courts have been temporarily closed to the public starting Wednesday as a coronavirus precaution.
Judge Mary Triggiano is the new chief judge of the First Judicial Administrative District in Milwaukee County. The Wisconsin Supreme Court announced Triggiano's appointment on Wednesday.
Gov. Scott Walker recently announced that he is taking applications for an appointment to the Milwaukee County Circuit Court bench.
A man accused of supplying heroin and cocaine to 20 drug dealers in the Milwaukee area has been bound over for trial.
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel