Type of action: Personal injury Vehicle Collision Injuries: Alleged – L5 disc herniation/aggravation Name of case: John Stewart McLaughlin v. Progressive Universal Insurance Company, Amanda L. Chukkala and West Bend Mutual Insurance Company Venue: Milwaukee County Case Number: 21-CV-3005. Name of judge or mediator: Judge Mary Kuhnmuench Special damages: Economic damages consisting of about $[...]
Embattled electronic cigarette-maker Juul Labs Inc. will pay $462 million to six states and the District of Columbia, marking the largest settlement the company has reached so far for its role in the youth vaping surge, New York Attorney General Letitia James said Wednesday.
A federal judge has ruled that a now-shuttered Wisconsin substance abuse center and its CEO owe the state and federal government more than $2 million in a Medicaid fraud case.
Hupy and Abraham's James Shilobrit has secured a settlement in a recent personal injury case.
Hupy and Abraham's Hannah Dockendorff recently won an $18,000 verdict.
Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown has won a verdict in FAMILY DOLLAR STORES OF WISCONSIN LLC and Lonnie McCaffety, Agent, Petitioners-Appellants, v. CITY OF MILWAUKEE and City of Milwaukee Common Council, Respondents-Respondents.
Two of the largest U.S. pharmacy chains, CVS Health and Walgreen Co., announced agreements in principle Wednesday to pay about $5 billion each to settle lawsuits nationwide over the toll of opioids, and a lawyer said Walmart is in discussions for a deal.
A 20-year-old Madison man should be awarded $1.1 million in a settlement agreement after surveillance video showed police repeatedly punching him in the head during a mental health crisis at a foster home in 2019, his attorneys said Friday.
The tattoos on Billie Stafford's hands — inspired by street art and full of references to her work helping prevent drug-related deaths — have become an indelible memorial to the friend who inked them and the opioid crisis that killed him in April.
Electronic cigarette maker Juul Labs has agreed to pay nearly $440 million to settle a two-year investigation by 33 states into the marketing of its high-nicotine vaping products, which have long been blamed for sparking a national surge in teen vaping.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice has reached an agreement in principle on key financial terms with opioid maker Teva, which would provide up to $4.25 billion to participating states and local governments.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren Shareholder Bridget Hubing recently won a case that will have a major impact on the title industry.
- Trump Tower in Chicago sued for failed compliance with environmental laws
- Police chief suspended after raid
- FDA wants to regulate laboratory tests
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel