Attorneys asked a federal court to reject the proposed $10.3 billion settlement over contaminated water.
Embattled electronic cigarette-maker Juul Labs Inc. will pay $462 million to six states and the District of Columbia, marking the largest settlement the company has reached so far for its role in the youth vaping surge, New York Attorney General Letitia James said Wednesday.
Hupy and Abraham's James Shilobrit has secured a settlement in a recent personal injury case.
Two of the largest U.S. pharmacy chains, CVS Health and Walgreen Co., announced agreements in principle Wednesday to pay about $5 billion each to settle lawsuits nationwide over the toll of opioids, and a lawyer said Walmart is in discussions for a deal.
A 20-year-old Madison man should be awarded $1.1 million in a settlement agreement after surveillance video showed police repeatedly punching him in the head during a mental health crisis at a foster home in 2019, his attorneys said Friday.
The tattoos on Billie Stafford's hands — inspired by street art and full of references to her work helping prevent drug-related deaths — have become an indelible memorial to the friend who inked them and the opioid crisis that killed him in April.
Electronic cigarette maker Juul Labs has agreed to pay nearly $440 million to settle a two-year investigation by 33 states into the marketing of its high-nicotine vaping products, which have long been blamed for sparking a national surge in teen vaping.
The Wisconsin Department of Justice has reached an agreement in principle on key financial terms with opioid maker Teva, which would provide up to $4.25 billion to participating states and local governments.
Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council (MMFHC), the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) and eight other fair housing organizations across the nation secured a settlement win against Redfin, a real estate broker based in Seattle.
A passenger involved in a vehicle collision was awarded $15,600 for her injuries.
Hannah Dockendorff of Hupy and Abraham reached a $25,000 settlement for a woman injured in a car crash.
A federal judge awarded more than $625,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs to a man who successfully sued a police officer who tasered him in his home, bringing the final award to nearly $1.3 million.
- Voir dire begins in federal jury trial of man allegedly shot by four Milwaukee officers
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Animal welfare advocates file lawsuit challenging Wisconsin’s new wolf management plan
- Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd’s killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
- Wisconsin Attorney General announces $100,000 water pollution settlement
- Milwaukee man sentenced to 30 year bifurcated prison term as ringleader of $9.6 million cocaine conspiracy
- Gov. Evers Grants 82 Pardons, Bringing Total Pardons Granted to 1,111
- Wisconsin District Attorneys’ Association recognizes work of state prosecutors
- Madison man gets 40 years for killing ex-girlfriend, whose body was found under pile of furniture
- Democrats urge Wisconsin Supreme Court to overturn Republican-drawn legislative maps
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula