Republican Wisconsin lawmakers called Tuesday for Green Bay's Democratic mayor to resign following a report on a conservative website alleging he ceded authority for running the election to a paid consultant with ties to Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
A Green Bay woman convicted of neglect in the death of her 15-month-old daughter has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Bond has been set at $100,000 cash for a 22-year-old man accused of driving recklessly before a crash that killed three people in Green Bay.
More than $10 million in renovation work wrapped up at the historic Brown County Courthouse in 1992, but nearly 20 years later, the judges who work there aren’t done showing off the results.
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Fourteen-year-olds convicted of homicide can be sent to prison for life without parole, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday in upholding a life sentence for a man who helped throw a boy off a parking ramp when he was a teenager. In a case watched by […]
MILWAUKEE (AP) — A federal judge in Wisconsin has ruled NCR Corp. and Appleton Papers Inc. must pay an estimated $700 million to help clean a contaminated river. The judge this week ruled Atlanta-based NCR and the Appleton-based paper company are responsible for cleaning up the Green Bay-area Fox River. The waterway is contaminated with […]
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin farmer is accused of setting off a pipe bomb that destroyed three fishing boats and damaged a pleasure boat in Kewaunee’s Salmon Harbor Marina. Forty-seven-year-old Joseph Sloma of Denmark made his initial court appearance this week in U.S. District Court in Green Bay. According to a criminal complaint, […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — One of the six Wisconsin men convicted of killing a paper mill co-worker in 1992 has been denied parole a second time. Sixty-four-year-old Rey Moore is serving a life prison term for the death of Tom Monfils, whose body was found in a pulp vat at a Green Bay paper mill. […]
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — A plea deal has been reached with one of two men charged in a Green Bay stabbing death last June. Twenty-seven-year-old Mao Xiong pleaded no contest to second-degree intentional homicide in the death of 35-year-old Eric Vieau. WLUK-TV reports Xiong could now face 60 years in prison. He originally was […]
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Airbnb cracks down on bogus listings
- Hackers breach 2 Vegas casinos
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel