An Illinois law prohibiting individuals from carrying loaded guns outside the home violates the Second Amendment right to bear arms, the 7th Circuit has ruled in reversing judgment.
A court has dismissed the appeal of a man serving a 10-year sentence for trafficking guns from Mississippi to Illinois, including one used in the slaying of a Chicago police officer.
Wisconsin police leaders are calling for more extensive background checks on gun buyers.
Winnebago County judges say they are prohibiting guns in their courtrooms to ensure everyone has a safe environment in which to settle a dispute.
The Winnebago County district attorney plans to file a petition with the state Supreme Court on Monday asking that he be allowed to carry his gun in the county courthouse.
Wisconsin's ban on felons possessing firearms is constitutional and extends to all felons, including nonviolent ones, a state appeals court ruled Wednesday in a case involving a man convicted of forging checks.
A bill that would allow prosecutors to carry firearms on duty has been misunderstood and misread, said Blue Earth County Attorney Ross Arneson.
Wauwatosa attorney Thomas M. Barrett made his initial court appearance Tuesday in Milwaukee County Circuit Court for felony gun charges.
When you are a friendly neighborhood lawyer, you never know what sort of advice or representation your clients may need.
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Supporters of a bill legalizing the carrying of concealed weapons in Wisconsin say it’s overdue and law-abiding citizens need it to protect themselves. The state Assembly debated the bill Tuesday and was expected to pass it and send it to Gov. Scott Walker later in the day. Democratic opponents say putting […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Republican Gov. Scott Walker says any concealed carry bill that emerges from the Legislature should require permits and training provisions. Republican lawmakers are considering two bills that would allow state residents to carry concealed weapons. One would require a permit but no training. The other lays out no prerequisites whatsoever, a […]
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The time has finally come to let Wisconsin citizens to carry concealed weapons, gun advocates told state lawmakers Thursday. Wisconsin and Illinois are the only states that prohibit concealed weapons. Republican legislators have been trying for a more than a decade to lift the restrictions, but […]
- Milwaukee attorney loses law license in scathing Supreme Court decision
- Wisconsin Supreme Court rejects Democrats’ congressional redistricting challenge
- Milwaukee City Attorney top deputy Odalo Ohiku resigns amid investigations
- Fox Valley man sentenced to 14½ years in Federal Prison for Fentanyl trafficking, firearms
- Fraudulent Wisconsin tax return preparer sentenced to prison
- Harris will tout apprenticeships in a swing state visit to Wisconsin
- FTC sues to block grocery store merger impacting Metro Market, Pick ‘n Save prices
- Shirtless US Senate candidate submerges himself in Wisconsin lake, issues challenge to opponent
- United Healthcare Group company hacked, new security concerns and billing delays
- Evers signs bill increasing out-of-state bow and crossbow deer hunting license fees
- Third person dies from Milwaukee shooting that injured 4
- Marquette Law School to host Canadian Supreme Court justice
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula