The Greendale mall has had a judgement for foreclosure since late 2021.
Some landlords just couldn't wait to file to evict their tenants. Nearly 50 eviction actions, including three in Milwaukee County, were filed in Wisconsin courts on Tuesday even though the statewide ban on evictions and foreclosure actions was still in effect and did not expire until the end of Tuesday.
Last year, there were about 13,000 eviction cases filed in Milwaukee County.
A Wisconsin Supreme Court decision issued Thursday avoided a reinterpretation of law that would have left many mortgage lenders wondering if they could retain their right to foreclose on delinquent loans.
Borrowers entering foreclosure in Milwaukee County now must be told of their eligibility to participate in the Metro Milwaukee Foreclosure Mediation Program.
2012AP456 PNC Bank NA v. Bierbrauer, et al
2011AP2570 CSMC Inc. v. Hoppa, et al.
2011AP2018 OneWest Bank FSB vs. Groysman
2011AP1865 IndyMac Bank FSB v. Hall, et al.
2011AP1987 M&I Marshall & Ilsley Bank v. Nunnery
2012AP756-FT Arch Bay Holdings v. Gartland, et al.
2011AP1419 Bank of America N.A. v. JFM1 LLC, et al.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel