A Missouri woman who sued American Family Insurance for retaliation and age and sex discrimination has been awarded $20 million in punitive damages.
A former assistant principal at La Follette High School is suing the Madison School District over her demotion to a job in the district office.
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed a discrimination lawsuit against a large heating and plumbing contractor in northern Wisconsin and northern Minnesota.
11-2820 Levin v. Madigan
Employers who make hiring, firing and compensation decisions that impact older workers more negatively than their younger counterparts are going to have to explain themselves a little more clearly, due to new regulations by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Employment Age discrimination Where an employee was not promoted, because the position did not become available as anticipated, the failure to promote was not age discrimination. “We do not believe Van Antwerp has proffered sufficient evidence to allow a jury to find that the Department’s legitimate reason for rescinding his transfer was a pretext for […]
Employment Age discrimination Where an employee had a turbulent relationship with co-workers from the start, and had several heated disputes with them, his termination was not age discrimination. “Extrusion explained at trial that Runyon was fired primarily because he was involved in three altercations. This is consistent with earlier statements from company officials. Hamilton told [&hellip[...]
- Wisconsin Supreme Court votes to accept no new cases, denies several
- Black and Latino voters suing in federal court to block congressional district’s weakening minority voting
- Gov. Evers appoints Nicole Ziebell as Marquette County Register of Deeds
- Dane County looks to stop forcing unwed fathers to repay Medicaid birth costs from before 2020
- Republican leaders of Wisconsin Legislature at odds over withholding university pay raises
- Wisconsin pastor accused of exploiting children in Venezuela and Cuba gets 15 years
- Remains found in Indiana in 1982 identified as those of Wisconsin woman who vanished at age 20
- Wisconsin law requires vehicles to stay back from a working snowplow
- Jan. 6 suits can proceed
- House Expulsion of Santos marks sixth in chamber’s history
- PIP, SSI benefits cases to be heard during December arguments
- Court: City violated order in dispute over fire departments
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula