Woman accused of pepper spraying four Chicago Police Officers first to be sent home under state’s cashless bail system
After years of debate, Illinois has become the first state to eliminate cash bail.
Seizure was a part of an investigation into allegations of misconduct.
Iowa State Auditor Rob Sand said Wisconsin Republican's redistricting plan is "not the Iowa model."
A police dog mistakenly bit a police officer instead of subduing a fleeing suspect.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals sided with a police officer accused of arresting a man as retaliation for using his First Amendment right to free speech.
Police had probable cause to search a man’s vehicle after an informant told them he had a gun inside,
A group of Minnesota voters filed a legal challenge Tuesday to try to block former President Donald Trump from appearing on the state’s presidential ballot next year.
People living in Minnesota without legal immigration status can now begin the process of getting their driver's license by making an appointment for their written driver's test, state officials announced at a news conference Thursday.
Cash bail disproportionately impacts communities of color. Illinois is the first state to abolish it
Critics of cash bail as a condition of pretrial release say it is especially unfair to Black people and other people of color.
A young migrant mother from Venezuela is facing felony charges after she allegedly blocked traffic and scuffled with police officers outside a Chicago police station Saturday.
UW Madison Law grad Alexa Thomas joins DeWitt LLP
The Federal government has seized nearly 1 million barrels of crude oil from a known terrorist organization that was allegedly being smuggled from Iran to China in violation of U.S. sanctions, according to court documents obtained by the Wisconsin Law Journal. The FBI Minneapolis Field office is investigating, according to justice department officials who said […]
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Money laundering complaint filed against Justice Protasiewicz by convicted felon, election denier, alleged stalker
- Gov. Evers continues to seek applicants for Barron County Circuit Court
- GOP, Garland clash at hearing
- Bipartisan group of Wisconsin lawmakers propose ranked-choice voting and top-five primaries
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission staff leakers face 9 months prison, $10,000 fine
- Republican legislators fail to respond to child care crisis survey
- Russian International Money Launderer arrested over military grade microelectronics
- Gov. Evers Appoints Jorge Fragoso to the Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Wisconsin Legislature set to reject governor’s special session on child care, worker shortages
- Wisconsin Republican leader blocks pay raises in continuation of DEI fight
- Wisconsin redistricting fight focuses on the recusal of a key justice as impeachment threat lingers
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel