A federal appeals court is asking two unnamed parties related to an investigation into Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign and other conservative groups to explain why they are entitled to remain anonymous.
A federal appellate judge has ordered the unsealing of two sets of documents filed in a lawsuit challenging a secret investigation into possible coordination between Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and conservative groups.
Prosecutors, a conservative group and two unnamed parties have asked a federal judge for more time to review documents that could be made public in a secret investigation into whether Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and right-leaning organizations violated campaign finance law.
A federal judge has rejected a request by five media groups to unseal the entire record in a lawsuit filed by Wisconsin Club for Growth against prosecutors investigating the conservative group, Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and others.
A federal appellate panel ruled Monday that a judge had the authority to issue a preliminary order halting a secret investigation into Republican Gov. Scott Walker and other conservative groups.
Court filings made public Wednesday related to the John Doe investigation into Gov. Scott Walker's recall campaign and conservative groups show prosecutors sought to keep the probe secret to avoid publicity, which they feared could hinder or taint their work.
Federal appeals court judges on Monday questioned the bankrupt Archdiocese of Milwaukee's claim that it needs all the money in a $55 million trust fund to maintain its cemeteries and asked whether some could be used to compensate victims of clergy sexual abuse without violating the Catholic faith.
Not every judge would feel comfortable writing in an opinion that “the sight of a shackled litigant is apt to make jurors think they’re dealing with a mad dog.”
A judge has provided some clarification on his order that halted an investigation of Gov. Scott Walker and conservative groups.
The Wisconsin Club for Growth filed a lawsuit Friday against the state board that oversees elections, arguing that it exceeded its authority and violated the group's rights by investigating "virtually every conservative-leaning group in Wisconsin."
The attorney for a conservative group being investigated along with Gov. Scott Walker's recall campaign said Thursday he will object to the lead investigator's request for a federal judge to clarify his order halting the probe.
A person close to an investigation of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and other conservative groups said Wednesday that Walker's attorney is talking with the lead investigator about a possible settlement that would end the probe.
- Judge bars media cameras in slayings case, but the court will livestream
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Unions in Wisconsin sue to reverse collective bargaining restrictions on teachers, others
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- OSHA fines two Wisconsin construction companies after Lambeau Field carpenter’s death
- Vehicle wanted in Chicago homicide crashes into Milwaukee school bus during police pursuit
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula