Gov. Scott Walker's campaign and the Wisconsin Republican Party have filed a lawsuit that says the state elections board's process for reviewing petitions on recall petitions is unconstitutional.
The American Civil Liberties Union filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday, claiming Wisconsin's new voter identification law imposes a severe burden on the right to vote — the second lawsuit filed in the last two months.
Changes in procedure made after the Waukesha County clerk failed to report thousands of votes in this spring's Wisconsin Supreme Court election were set to be approved by the state board that oversees elections.
A federal appeals court has struck down a Wisconsin law limiting how much any one person can donate to independent political action groups.
Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Elsa Lamelas will not seek another term on the bench.
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A county clerk likely violated the law when she failed to report thousands of votes in this spring’s tightly contested Wisconsin Supreme Court election, but her conduct wasn’t criminal, state investigators said Wednesday. Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus touched off a firestorm in April when she […]
MILWAUKEE (AP) – A federal judge has struck down Wisconsin campaign disclosure laws that required a Whitewater man to register before distributing flyers and postcards about a referendum. The laws require anyone who spends $25 to influence a referendum to register, disclose names of donors and include disclaimers saying who paid for materials. In March […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) – The Wisconsin attorney general’s office is being asked for a legal opinion on whether a recall targeting the governor would also include the lieutenant governor. The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board on Monday voted to ask for the opinion. Board staff said in a memo that it believes a recall initiative against […]
By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) – A lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Wisconsin’s new law requiring photo identification be shown at the polls will be filed in the next week or two, the head of the state chapter of the League of Women Voters told the election oversight board Monday. Andrea Kaminski […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) – The board that oversees elections in Wisconsin is asking the attorney general to issue a legal opinion on whether a recall targeting the governor would also include the lieutenant governor. Wisconsin Government Accountability Board director Kevin Kennedy said in a memo to the board that the agency believes a recall initiative […]
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A rule designed to regulate those nasty campaign ads that flood Wisconsin air waves every fall could stifle political speech across the state, an attorney for a coalition of conservative groups argued before the state Supreme Court on Tuesday. The group wants the high court to […]
MADISON, Wis. (AP) – Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser will not hear a campaign finance case being argued next week by the attorney who represented him in a recount of his election victory. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Friday that Prosser told parties involved in the case on Thursday that he would step aside. […]
- Wisconsin Assembly approves increases in out-of-state outdoor license fees to help close deficit
- Assembly OKs bill to suspend doe hunting in northern Wisconsin in attempt to regrow herd
- Wisconsin lawmakers OK bill to tackle forever chemicals pollution, but governor isn’t on board
- A man accused of stabbing another passenger on a Seattle to Las Vegas flight charged with assault
- Could gunowners face charges if kids access unlocked weapons? State laws differ
- EPA approves year-round sales of higher ethanol blend in Wisconsin, other states
- Former Black schools leader radio interview brings focus on race issues in Green Bay
- Parts of a Martin Luther King Jr. memorial in Denver have been stolen
- Right to contraception rejected by Wisconsin Assembly Republicans
- Planned Parenthood asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to find 1849 abortion law unconstitutional
- Alabama’s frozen embryo ruling is having its first effects
- Marquette Law School Poll: National survey shows Trump win over Biden
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula