Every year, there are at least 12,000 eviction actions filed in Milwaukee County. The cases are handled by five court commissioners and one judge. Many times, the litigants are not represented by lawyers.
A Milwaukee man has been sentenced to 27 years in prison for fatally beating his father last year.
An attorney’s recent representation of a defendant charged with child sexual assault was so ineffective that the defendant’s constitutional right to counsel was violated and his convictions reversed.
A 19-year-old Milwaukee man accused of raping his ex-girlfriend's 15-year-old sister before killing her new boyfriend last January has been sentenced to 45 years in prison.
Ellen Brostrom’s passion for service started with a summer job at a soup kitchen.
Gov. Walker’s proposed Supreme Court block grant will give the court system flexibility in spending for the coming biennium, however some are concerned that the block grant still leaves the court system struggling to make ends meet.
All the defendants in one specialized Milwaukee County court share a common link.
Even before Dane County Circuit Judge Sarah O’Brien crunched the numbers, she knew something was amiss. Her strongest evidence: “The courtroom didn’t look right when I walked in.”
A Milwaukee area gynecologist has been sentenced to a year in jail for having inappropriate sexual contact and conversation with four patients.
Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Rebecca Dallet doesn’t have a problem finding ways to occupy her time.
- Black and Latino voters suing in federal court to block congressional district’s weakening minority voting
- Gov. Evers appoints Nicole Ziebell as Marquette County Register of Deeds
- Dane County looks to stop forcing unwed fathers to repay Medicaid birth costs from before 2020
- Republican leaders of Wisconsin Legislature at odds over withholding university pay raises
- Wisconsin pastor accused of exploiting children in Venezuela and Cuba gets 15 years
- Remains found in Indiana in 1982 identified as those of Wisconsin woman who vanished at age 20
- Wisconsin law requires vehicles to stay back from a working snowplow
- Jan. 6 suits can proceed
- House Expulsion of Santos marks sixth in chamber’s history
- PIP, SSI benefits cases to be heard during December arguments
- Court: City violated order in dispute over fire departments
- Judge bars media cameras in slayings case, but the court will livestream
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula