Gov. Scott Walker had tapped a long-time federal prosecutor to take the place of a retiring Milwaukee County judge.
Gov. Scott Walker is looking for applicants to fill a spot on the Milwaukee County Circuit Court.
The man who masterminded the theft of a $5 million Stradivarius violin admitted Monday that he used a stun gun to attack a musician carrying the 300-year-old instrument, saying he intended to sell it to help people he believed were wrongly evicted from an apartment building he managed.
An Ivory Coast immigrant deserves a new sentence in a series of Milwaukee robberies because the judge improperly drew conclusions about his character based on violence in his home country, a state appeals court ruled Tuesday.
A Milwaukee man who provided the stun gun used in the theft of a $5 million Stradivarius violin in January was sentenced Thursday to 3 ½ years in prison.
When landlord Anthony Gagliano & Co. Inc. tried to enforce terms of a lease against a remote tenant for a commercial space in downtown Milwaukee eight years after the lease was signed, tenant Quad Graphics asserted that 150 years of Wisconsin case law suggested the effort should fail.
A Greenfield attorney who was convicted of embezzling more than $80,000 from her employer now faces losing her law license.
A Court of Appeals decision may end up giving courts much-needed guidance for media law cases in Wisconsin, according to an attorney involved with the case.
The Milwaukee County Circuit Court will shuffle judges due to the retirement of Judge Thomas Cooper on Friday. The changes will occur on Feb. 4.
Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Elsa Lamelas will not seek another term on the bench.
A Milwaukee County judge on Wednesday set a trial date in the O'Donnell Park lawsuit in which 15-year-old Jared Kellner was killed when he was crushed by a piece of falling facade.
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Wisconsin DNR board appointees tell Republican lawmakers they don’t support wolf population limit
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Money laundering complaint filed against Justice Protasiewicz by convicted felon, election denier, alleged stalker
- Gov. Evers continues to seek applicants for Barron County Circuit Court
- GOP, Garland clash at hearing
- Bipartisan group of Wisconsin lawmakers propose ranked-choice voting and top-five primaries
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission staff leakers face 9 months prison, $10,000 fine
- Republican legislators fail to respond to child care crisis survey
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel