Milwaukee deputy city attorney may have done private legal work even while under scrutiny, inspector general says
A deputy city attorney in Milwaukee City Attorney Tearman Spencer's office has continued appearing in court on behalf of his private law firm even as he was under scrutiny over allegations that he was performing private work on city time, Milwaukee's inspector general said Monday.
Republicans on Friday chose Milwaukee in swing state Wisconsin to host the 2024 national convention, beating out Nashville in deep-red Tennessee.
A jury last week found a Milwaukee alderman was liable for statements alleged to have caused an affordable-housing operator to default on a loan in a decision that could cost taxpayers $1.4 million.
The city of Milwaukee is hiring an assistant city attorney.
By ALEXANDRA JAFFE Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will visit Wisconsin next week for his first official trip as president beyond his home state of Delaware. Biden is set to visit Milwaukee next Tuesday, according to the White House, and will participate in a CNN town hall there. Although the Biden administration […]
Three fatal shootings during the weekend in Milwaukee have added to the city's homicide rate which hasn't been this high since 1991.
A group of powerful Wisconsin Democrats peppered a federal prosecutor Tuesday with questions about his plan to deploy additional federal agents in Milwaukee, demanding to know if the agents would be used for crowd control and to protect federal property.
A judge on Wednesday ordered the owner of the long-dilapidated Northridge Mall to tear the property down, siding with Milwaukee officials who had called for the former shopping center to be razed more than a year ago. The mall has largely sat abandoned on Milwaukee’s northwest side since being closed in 2003. For years, a […]
By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The two leaders of Milwaukee’s host committee for the 2020 Democratic National Convention were fired late Tuesday amid allegations that they oversaw an acrimonious work setting, a big shakeup less than six months before the showcase political event in Wisconsin. The host committee board issued a […]
The two leaders of Milwaukee's host committee for the 2020 Democratic National Convention have been placed on leave pending an investigation into allegations that they oversaw an acrimonious work setting, according to a letter sent to staff employees working on planning the event.
Milwaukee is among seven cities included in a crackdown on violent crime the U.S. Justice Department announced on Wednesday.
Milwaukee officials approved an ordinance giving the city authority to impound electric scooters that residents have been renting from a Californian company since last month.
- Wisconsin law requires vehicles to stay back from a working snowplow
- Jan. 6 suits can proceed
- House Expulsion of Santos marks sixth in chamber’s history
- PIP, SSI benefits cases to be heard during December arguments
- Court: City violated order in dispute over fire departments
- Judge bars media cameras in slayings case, but the court will livestream
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula