The Wisconsin Judicial Commission filed a formal complaint Friday against Justice David Prosser over his physical encounter with fellow Justice Ann Walsh Bradley last June.
I have been on high alert — not to mention haunted by a profound and growing sense of apprehension, anxiety, and outright fear — ever since I learned that a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice was accused this past summer of trying to throttle one of his colleagues who had disagreed with him during a meeting in which matters apparently went south really fast.
By DINESH RAMDE Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin’s Supreme Court justices pledged Wednesday to work together in a collegial fashion, though some only reluctantly agreed to what was arguably the most toothless suggestion put forth by a chief justice hoping to repair the court’s reputation as divided and dysfunctional. Several justices said the […]
The Wisconsin Judicial Commission is next in line to take a crack at getting to the bottom of the alleged choking incident involving two Wisconsin Supreme Court justices.
The shameful incident involving a physical altercation between two justices of the Wisconsin State Supreme Court is closed. But there is a long way to go before the damage to the court's reputation can be repaired.
A liberal state Supreme Court justice told detectives a conservative colleague put his hands on her neck but never applied pressure, while he claims he was simply trying to ward her off as she charged him with a clenched fist, according to investigative reports released Friday.
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A conservative Wisconsin state Supreme Court justice who staved off an unusually intense campaign to replace him this summer will not face criminal charges over allegations that he tried to choke a liberal colleague, a prosecutor said Thursday. Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett, a special […]
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A rural prosecutor will decide whether to charge Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser with attacking a liberal colleague. Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett said Monday she has accepted a request from Dane County’s chief judge to serve as a special prosecutor in the case. […]
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A Madison prosecutor wants a judge to pick someone else to handle allegations state Supreme Court Justice David Prosser attacked a liberal colleague. Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne said Monday he wants to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest. The high court was […]
More than 200 people attended a rally outside the state Capitol on Tuesday calling for Justice David Prosser to take a leave of absence from the bench, pending the outcome of a criminal investigation.
[caption id="attachment_34114" align="alignnone" width="630" caption="Scott Ross, executive director for One Wisconsin Now, speaks to the crowd gathered at Tuesday's "Prosser Must Go" rally outside the state Capitol in Madison. Women’s rights organizations and elected officials came together to call for Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser to step aside. Justice Ann Walsh [...]
Women’s rights organizations and elected officials plan to gather at the Capitol on Tuesday to call for Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser to step aside. Justice Ann Walsh Bradley has accused Prosser of putting her in a chokehold her during an argument in her office last month — a charge he denies. Authorities are […]
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Unions in Wisconsin sue to reverse collective bargaining restrictions on teachers, others
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- OSHA fines two Wisconsin construction companies after Lambeau Field carpenter’s death
- Vehicle wanted in Chicago homicide crashes into Milwaukee school bus during police pursuit
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Henry Kissinger, secretary of state under Presidents Nixon and Ford, dies at 100
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula