Asked & Answered: Husch Blackwell’s Levy says contractors should prepare for building project disruptions in a volatile construction market
A Milwaukee attorney said stakeholders must be transparent with each other and build contingency in their building plans amid a tightening construction market.
Milwaukee criminal defense attorney May Lee never planned to practice law. She began her professional career as a teacher in higher education and at 38 years old decided to change courses after establishing a successful career and family.
From practicing public defender cases out of his one-bedroom apartment in La Crosse to hanging a shingle on his own firm, Daniel Norland has experienced the legal spectrum.
Second-year UW Law student Jacob Gardner recently published his debut novel North of Highway 8, a story rooted in Wisconsin experiences and values.
Following her military service, Ellen Matheson was ready to make an impact on the community through a career in the law.
Newly elected State Bar president, Dean Dietrich has over 40 years of experience practicing in Wisconsin’s legal industry.
Crowned Miss Milwaukee 2022 in March, Jada Davis made history as the first Black woman to win the title in the organization’s 98-year run. A Milwaukee inner city native, Davis wears many hats with a diverse group of passions and interests.
To show just how unwieldy and dense the federal tax code has become, Robert Misey recently tried to blow up the 6th volume of his IRS regulations using three rounds of fire crackers.
Better than most, Don Schott understands Merrick Garland’s pain.
It has been nearly a year of in-person, pandemic-related operations for Wisconsin’s First Judicial District, and every day still brings new questions for Chief Judge Mary Triggiano. As she describes how Milwaukee County courts have been returning to in-person proceedings, a staff member interrupts to ask: Where should warrant return walk-ins be sent? “There are […]
When Margaret Wrenn Hickey, a Milwaukee family and elder law attorney, got a call asking her to run for president-elect of the State Bar of Wisconsin, she knew she had the experience needed for the job.
Just a few weeks into a years-long appointment, Judge Rachel M. Blise is finding her place on the bankruptcy court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel