John Daniels Jr., of Quarles & Brady LLP, Milwaukee, and his wife, Irma, were named 2012 Parents of the Year by COA Youth and Family Centers. The award is given to couples judged to represent the highest standards of corporate excellence and parental dedication as well as the qualities of leadership, community service, commitment to family and an outstanding commitment to Milwaukee’s future generations.
• Marney Hoefer, of Stafford Rosenbaum LLP, Madison, was elected to the board of directors of the Environmental Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin. Hoefer will serve a three-year term beginning July 1.
Hoefer’s practice focuses on environmental regulatory matters, governmental relations and energy, with a particular emphasis on air and water. She earned her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 2000.
• Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman PC, Milwaukee, launched a mobile website to provide access to information and the ability to conveniently connect with the firm. To view the mobile site, visit www.hallrender.com on a smart phone or tablet.
• Kelli Thompson, of the State Public Defender’s Office, Madison, was elected 2013 chairwoman of the State Bar of Wisconsin Board of Governors. Thompson succeeds attorney Patricia Struck, Madison.
Thompson has served in a number of leadership roles at the State Bar, including chairwoman of the Bench Bar Committee and member of the Access to Justice Commission. She earned her law degree from Marquette University in 1996.
• The Women in Law Empowerment Forum has recognized Foley & Lardner LLP with the 2012 Gold Standard Certification for integrating women into the highest levels of firm leadership. The honor recognizes firms that have made a considerable number of women equity partners, extensively incorporated women partners into the governance structure and recognized the contributions of women attorneys through compensation.
• Joseph Miotke, of DeWitt Ross & Stevens SC, Madison, was appointed president-elect of the Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association. Miotke serves on the board of directors as its secretary and treasurer.
Miotke is a patent litigator with more than 10 years of experience in the field of intellectual property law. He earned his law degree from Marquette University Law School.
• Jan Zantow, of Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek SC, Milwaukee, was named director of human resources. Zantow received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. In her role at WHD, she is responsible for leadership and strategic focus in all of the firm’s human resources functions.