Recent Articles from WISCONSIN LAW JOURNAL STAFF
In 1994, prior to the enactment of Truth in Sentencing, the circuit court sentenced Jardine to consecutive indeterminate prison terms totaling sixty years on convictions for attempted first-degree intentional homicide and four counts of first-degree sexual assault.
The State charged Shaughnessy with one count of second-degree sexual assault of a child and one count of sexual exploitation of a child.
The Non-partisan watchdog group American Oversight announced Wednesday it had filed a complaint with the Dane County District Attorney's office alleging the new impeachment investigation recently announced by Assembly Speaker Robin Vos violates Wisconsin’s Open Meetings Law.
Woman accused of pepper spraying four Chicago Police Officers first to be sent home under state’s cashless bail system
After years of debate, Illinois has become the first state to eliminate cash bail.
A former Sun Prairie school resource officer was charged Monday with sexually assaulting a Phoenix Prairie Academy student and exposing himself to another child.
In May 2020, the Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services (DMCPS) detained children Adam, born in May 2013, and Annie, born in April 2014, then ages seven and six, when they were found in a non-moving car with their parents passed out.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel