On Wednesday, a Federal jury in Green Bay convicted Duane Waupoose Jr. of voluntary manslaughter after a man died after being struck with a shotgun in 2021, the Eastern District of Wisconsin announced.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett on Thursday rejected an appeal from a Wisconsin taxpayers group seeking to stop the Biden administration's student debt cancellation program.
A Wisconsin taxpayers group that unsuccessfully brought a lawsuit seeking to block President Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness program is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene.
A federal judge in Wisconsin has dismissed a lawsuit from a taxpayers group seeking to block President Joe Biden's student loan forgiveness program, ruling that the group doesn't have standing to bring the lawsuit.
A De Pere family with high-risk autistic children can now build their backyard fence, a judge ruled.
The owner of an Appleton pizzeria has pleaded guilty in federal court to charges that he willfully filed a false tax return and failed to truthfully account for pay payroll taxes.
Senators Tammy Baldwin and Ron Johnson have recommended four candidates to fill a judicial vacancy in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
A federal judge has halted loan forgiveness for farmers of color in response to a lawsuit alleging the program discriminates against white farmers.
The Outagamie Circuit Court Judge Greg Gill Jr. is running for the District III Court of Appeals.
A federal judge on Wednesday declined to block more than $6 million in election grant money to five Wisconsin cities that a conservative group argued amounted to bribery designed to increase voter turnout in Democratic strongholds.
The Eastern District of Wisconsin’s chief judge is planning to take senior status at the end of the year.
Attorneys seeking to invalidate Wisconsin's Republican-drawn legislative boundaries are getting ready to file new arguments after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to consider their lawsuit this past summer.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel