A former state lawmaker who once served as Wisconsin's tourism secretary has been sentenced to 33 months in prison after pleading guilty to failing to pay nearly $200,000 in employment taxes.
Milwaukee luxury car broker to pay $5.4M restitution for using clients’ money to gamble, buy jewelry
A Milwaukee luxury car broker must pay $5.4 million in restitution for a tax fraud conspiracy involving stealing foreign clients' money.
The former owner of an electrical-contracting company who was indicted last year for failing to pay payroll taxes has taken a plea deal.
The operator of a commercial cleaning business in Appleton has pleaded guilty to federal tax fraud.
A Milwaukee area restaurateur has been sentenced to two years in prison for conspiring with his wife and son to skim millions of dollars in cash from his business and failing to report that as income. Federal prosecutors say Paul Bouraxis also paid workers in cash to avoid payroll taxes.
A man imprisoned for embezzling more than $400,000 from Ripon College is sentencing to additional time behind bars for new criminal charges in Ozaukee County.
A Milwaukee County judge has sentenced a local woman to 10 years in prison for her part in a stolen-identity and tax-fraud scheme that resulted in 90 felony charges for her and her two sisters.
A Milwaukee-area woman has been sentenced to 30 months in prison after pleading guilty to tax, mail and food stamp fraud.
A federal appeals court has ruled in favor of S.C. Johnson & Son Inc. in a dispute with a former employee.
The IRS paid out a whopping $104 million to a whistleblower last month for his help in exposing a $20 billion dollar tax evasion scheme by UBS bank.
08-3690, 08-3759, 08-4076, 08-4246, 08-4320, 09-1864 & 09-2174 U.S. v. Vallone
11-3722 U.S. v. McKinney
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Money laundering complaint filed against Justice Protasiewicz by convicted felon, election denier, alleged stalker
- Gov. Evers continues to seek applicants for Barron County Circuit Court
- GOP, Garland clash at hearing
- Bipartisan group of Wisconsin lawmakers propose ranked-choice voting and top-five primaries
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission staff leakers face 9 months prison, $10,000 fine
- Republican legislators fail to respond to child care crisis survey
- Russian International Money Launderer arrested over military grade microelectronics
- Gov. Evers Appoints Jorge Fragoso to the Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Wisconsin Legislature set to reject governor’s special session on child care, worker shortages
- Wisconsin Republican leader blocks pay raises in continuation of DEI fight
- Wisconsin redistricting fight focuses on the recusal of a key justice as impeachment threat lingers
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel