Madison attorney Steve Levine wants to know what those who sat for the most recent Wisconsin bar exam thought about the experience.
Attorneys Steve Levine and Jim Thiel are petitioning the state Supreme Court again to make the State Bar of Wisconsin voluntary. Justices on June 1, with a 4-3 ruling, nixed the attorneys’ latest petition after deciding it lacked the detail necessary to warrant a public hearing. But on June 30, Levine and Thiel filed an […]
A switch to a voluntary State Bar will take more than a few deletions to the current rules governing membership.
The push to abolish the mandatory State Bar suffered a setback Wednesday when the Wisconsin Supreme Court denied a petition to make the organization voluntary. By a 4-3 vote, the court decided that the proposal submitted Feb. 11 by attorneys Steve Levine and Jim Thiel lacked enough detail to warrant a public hearing. “Where are […]
The State Bar is operating in a gray area, a past leader of the group alleges, until it defines its role more clearly.
Attorneys argue the State Bar of Wisconsin should have proof, rather than theory, when spending mandatory dues on activities that either regulate the legal profession or improve the quality of legal services.
The State Bar's use of mandatory dues to fund the Public Image Campaign did not violate the First Amendment.
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Unions in Wisconsin sue to reverse collective bargaining restrictions on teachers, others
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- OSHA fines two Wisconsin construction companies after Lambeau Field carpenter’s death
- Vehicle wanted in Chicago homicide crashes into Milwaukee school bus during police pursuit
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Henry Kissinger, secretary of state under Presidents Nixon and Ford, dies at 100
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula