Tensions between the Social Security Administration and the judicial community boiled over recently, as evidenced in a terse decision issued by Eastern District of Wisconsin Judge J.P. Stadtmueller.
At the trial of Michael Patino, who was charged in Rhode Island state court with the beating death of his girlfriend’s young son, prosecutors were armed with cellphone data and other documents obtained with valid search warrants.
The next big issue in the national debate over guns -- whether people have a right to be armed in public -- is moving closer to Supreme Court review.
Justice Antonin G. Scalia has thrown sharp barbs at 7th Circuit Judge Richard Posner in their ongoing public spat about the role of history in legal interpretation.
Earlier this year, the U.S. Supreme Court held that need for rehabilitation is not an appropriate basis for imprisonment.
Arguably, any 18-year-old in Wisconsin who uses the Internet to arrange a consensual sexual encounter with a 17-year-old faces 10 years to life in federal prison.
A recent Seventh Circuit opinion provides persuasive authority for attorneys looking either to present or exclude expert testimony regarding the meaning of foreign laws.
- Milwaukee attorney loses law license in scathing Supreme Court decision
- Wisconsin Supreme Court rejects Democrats’ congressional redistricting challenge
- Milwaukee City Attorney top deputy Odalo Ohiku resigns amid investigations
- Fox Valley man sentenced to 14½ years in Federal Prison for Fentanyl trafficking, firearms
- Fraudulent Wisconsin tax return preparer sentenced to prison
- Harris will tout apprenticeships in a swing state visit to Wisconsin
- FTC sues to block grocery store merger impacting Metro Market, Pick ‘n Save prices
- Shirtless US Senate candidate submerges himself in Wisconsin lake, issues challenge to opponent
- United Healthcare Group company hacked, new security concerns and billing delays
- Evers signs bill increasing out-of-state bow and crossbow deer hunting license fees
- Third person dies from Milwaukee shooting that injured 4
- Marquette Law School to host Canadian Supreme Court justice
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula