As more and more Wisconsin contractors combine or buy like-minded companies, industry experts said contractors must be cognizant of company culture, track ongoing projects and work tight deadlines to make the best deal.
Brace yourself for a likely new era of media megamergers.
From first-timers to veteran partners, attorneys agree that a good cultural fit is the biggest contributor to the success of firm mergers.
Last year’s merger of Squire Sanders and Patton Boggs, resulting in mega-firm Squire Patton Boggs LLP, raised some interesting points for us ethics nerds (yes, we have a secret handshake).
As is often the case with publicly announced mergers, the recent blending of Journal Communications Inc. and E.W. Scripps Co. resulted in the immediate filing of lawsuits for breach of fiduciary duties.
Volatility in the world of shareholder class actions has stoked a debate over whether the lawyers who bring such cases are laudable public watchdogs or stick-up artists.
One day in August 2010, Hutchinson attorney Neil Jensen called a former law school classmate and intramural sports teammate, Keith Sjodin, with a proposition.
Less than a month ago, attorneys at two Madison-based, mid-sized law firms were competitors.
SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) — A southeastern Wisconsin Girl Scouts council carries the same rights as a franchise and can therefore resist the national organization’s plans to merge and reduce the number of individual councils across the country, an appeals court has ruled. The 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday that the Girl Scouts […]
- House Expulsion of Santos marks sixth in chamber’s history
- PIP, SSI benefits cases to be heard during December arguments
- Court: City violated order in dispute over fire departments
- Judge bars media cameras in slayings case, but the court will livestream
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Unions in Wisconsin sue to reverse collective bargaining restrictions on teachers, others
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula