For both prospective clients and attorneys graduating law school, big law vs. solo comes with pros and cons.
Wisconsin on brink of constitutional crisis as courts face unprecedented DA, public defender shortage
Editors Note: Our Managing Editor, Steve Schuster spoke to Judges, the Office of Lawyer Regulation, Federal Prosecutors, District Attorneys throughout the Midwest, the State Bar of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Attorney General, Governor Tony's Evers office, as well as legislatures to determine the full extent of the problem and possible solutions on how to fix Wisconsin's broken criminal justice system.
The man whose fatal shooting by Milwaukee police triggered hours of violent protests on the city's predominantly black north side was a 23-year-old black man and father to a toddler, his mother and police said Sunday.
District attorneys around the state are requesting 84.4 new prosecutor positions during the 2015-17 biennium, according to a budget request released Tuesday.
More than four months after a Milwaukee police officer shot and killed a man in a downtown park, prosecutors said Tuesday they still hadn't decided whether the officer should be criminally charged.
Milwaukee County prosecutors plan to file charges next week against a man whom police shot and wounded in a children's hospital after he allegedly brandished a semi-automatic weapon.
An expected plea deal has hit a snag for two Milwaukee police officers charged with failing to intervene when another officer conducted illegal strip searches and body cavity searches.
The prosecution says it's near an agreement with the defense in the case of two Milwaukee police officers accused of failing to intervene as fellow officers conducted illegal strip searches and body-cavity searches.
Despite a few recent cases in which a mental defense was raised, local judges, attorneys and court observers say there has been a decline in the frequency of the defense.
A legislative proposal expanding use of hearsay in preliminary hearings could lead to questionable testimony and potentially render felony pre-trial examinations worthless.
MILWAUKEE (AP) — A judge dismissed a drug paraphernalia possession charge against former talk show host Montel Williams, who was briefly detained at a Milwaukee airport in January after a search of his luggage turned up the type of pipe commonly used for smoking marijuana. Williams, who says he legally uses marijuana to treat chronic […]
A state budget provision that would alter and eliminate early release options for inmates could prompt criminal defense attorneys to take more cases to trial. Gov. Scott Walker’s 2011-13 state budget proposal strengthens the truth-in-sentencing laws passed more than a decade ago in Wisconsin by modifying or removing early release for many inmates. Specifically, Walker […]
- Attorneys gather in Milwaukee for Diversity Counsel Program
- Alex Eichhorn, Tabak Law secures $5 million workers comp settlement
- Judge orders prison, probation in last sentencings tied to plot to kidnap Michigan governor
- Gov. Evers Seeks applicants for Racine County Circuit Court
- Man fires shotgun outside Jewish temple as Hanukkah begins and says ‘free Palestine’
- Russian spies charged after targeting journalists, military, and intelligence community
- Past State Bar of Wisconsin President Ralph Milton Cagle passed away Friday
- Evers signs Bipartisan reckless driving bill
- Former IRS Employee pleads guilty to money laundering
- Glendale man found guilty of killing his mother, Colorado man also guilty of killing grandmother
- Brady Street shooting lands 30-year-old in hospital, suspect at-large
- Wisconsin governor takes action on 51 Bills
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula