The 7th Circuit Court of Appeals recently rebuked the Wisconsin Supreme Court for a 2010 opinion upholding a Waukesha County judge’s cursory denial of a defendant’s right to self-representation.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has ruled that an insurer of a contractor is not exempt from paying court costs and settlements after an explosion in Oconomowoc.
The Wisconsin Court of Appeals has declared the fundamental importance of appropriate service of process to the viability of a lawsuit.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court subscribes to a new interpretation of “surviving spouse” under the wrongful death statute.
Longtime Waukesha County Circuit Judge J. Mac Davis said Thursday that he will retire when his term ends in August 2015.
An insurer is exempt from paying court costs and settlements connected to lawsuits filed after a contractor ruptured a gas line and caused an April 2008 explosion in Oconomowoc, the Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday selected circuit court judges from Jefferson, Vilas and Wood counties to serve as new members of the Committee of Chief Judges, effective Aug. 1.
“You got to fill out the form first, and then you wait in the line.” Paul Simon wrote that in a recent song, “The Afterlife,” describing his vision of heaven’s waiting room. But if you’re new to the practice of law in Wisconsin, that sentiment could apply to your new work, too. Since 2000, the […]
WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) — A Waukesha County judge has rejected a bid to reduce a man’s 30-year prison sentence for driving under the influence of prescription drugs in 2008 and killing a pregnant woman and her daughter. Mark M. Benson argued that Judge J. Mac Davis relied on inaccurate information when in 2009 he sentenced […]
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Airbnb cracks down on bogus listings
- Hackers breach 2 Vegas casinos
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Wisconsin DNR board appointees tell Republican lawmakers they don’t support wolf population limit
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel