11-2238 Nicholson v. Pulte Homes Corp.
11-3420 Scruggs v. Carrier Corp.
11-3400 Jones v. C&D Technologies, Inc.
A Sioux Falls mother who once worked for Midcontinent Communications has filed a federal lawsuit against the company alleging sex discrimination.
The slow economy and competitive labor market may be contributing to the upswing in discrimination claims by pregnant women in the workplace, employment attorneys say.
A state employee who was denied leave for his own sickness cannot sue the state for violating the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Supreme Court has ruled in a 5-4 decision.
10-1016 Coleman v. Court of Appeals of Maryland
The Department of Labor has announced proposed revisions to regulations implementing the Family and Medical Leave Act that would expand military family leave provisions and incorporate a special eligibility provision for airline flight crew employees.
An employer may be liable for firing a pregnant employee after being informed that she planned on taking maternity leave after she became eligible under the Family and Medical Leave Act, the 11th Circuit has ruled in reversing a dismissal.
The Supreme Court wrestled Wednesday with how a federal law that grants workers time off for family and medical reasons applies to state government workers in a case that could affect millions of them.
10-3330 Makowski v. SmithAmundsen, LLC
Employment FMLA; exacerbation
- Milwaukee attorney loses law license in scathing Supreme Court decision
- Wisconsin Supreme Court rejects Democrats’ congressional redistricting challenge
- Milwaukee City Attorney top deputy Odalo Ohiku resigns amid investigations
- Fox Valley man sentenced to 14½ years in Federal Prison for Fentanyl trafficking, firearms
- Fraudulent Wisconsin tax return preparer sentenced to prison
- Harris will tout apprenticeships in a swing state visit to Wisconsin
- FTC sues to block grocery store merger impacting Metro Market, Pick ‘n Save prices
- Shirtless US Senate candidate submerges himself in Wisconsin lake, issues challenge to opponent
- United Healthcare Group company hacked, new security concerns and billing delays
- Evers signs bill increasing out-of-state bow and crossbow deer hunting license fees
- Third person dies from Milwaukee shooting that injured 4
- Marquette Law School to host Canadian Supreme Court justice
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula