Molly Berkery has joined the Law Firm of Conway, Olejniczak & Jerry SC.
Not every judge would feel comfortable writing in an opinion that “the sight of a shackled litigant is apt to make jurors think they’re dealing with a mad dog.”
When the Wisconsin Supreme Court next year reviews its 2009 rule that allows for citation of unpublished appellate court decisions, there may be minimal evidence to determine the value of the change.
A high school gymnasium isn’t where veteran Milwaukee appellate lawyer Rob Henak said he aspired to argue a case in front of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
The 115th paragraph of a July 8 Wisconsin Supreme Court opinion consists of a single sentence: “… Justice MICHAEL J. GABLEMAN joins this concurrence.”
Probably the highest recognition of excellence that could be bestowed on an appellate attorney cannot come from a trade journal, but from the court itself hiring the attorney when it needs counsel. That recognition recently went to Gass Weber Mullins attorney Beth Hanan. She has been retained by the Wisconsin Court of Appeals to represent […]
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Airbnb cracks down on bogus listings
- Hackers breach 2 Vegas casinos
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel