A powerful panel of lawmakers has endorsed using an additional $3.4 million to give merit raises to assistant state public defenders.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has voted to repeal an antiquated witness competency statute that has plagued some practitioners.
Is the state’s dead man’s statute dead?
The Judicial Council won’t be asking for any changes in the next biennial budget after all.
More than 20 years in the making, a proposal to overhaul the state's rules of criminal procedure still could not make it through the state Legislature this year.
Some state agencies, including the Judicial Council and the Wisconsin Department of Justice, continue to face problems with the state’s new IT system.
Two panels of lawmakers heard both praise and criticism Thursday of a 23-year-old attempt at updating and restructuring Wisconsin’s code governing criminal procedures.
Although the Joint Finance Committee has deleted Gov. Scott Walker’s proposal to eliminate the Judicial Council from the budget bill, its members are still concerned about how the council will be financed.
The Joint Finance Committee has approved a motion to delete Gov. Scott Walker's budget recommendation to eliminate the Judicial Council.
Members of the legislative Joint Committee of Finance had some tough and far-reaching questions Monday.
The Wisconsin Judicial Council is preparing its course of action over how to react to Gov. Scott Walker’s proposal to eliminate it.
Gov. Scott Walker wants to eliminate the 64-year-old Judicial Council, according to budget documents released Tuesday.
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Airbnb cracks down on bogus listings
- Hackers breach 2 Vegas casinos
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Wisconsin DNR board appointees tell Republican lawmakers they don’t support wolf population limit
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Money laundering complaint filed against Justice Protasiewicz by convicted felon, election denier, alleged stalker
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel