Recent Articles from ED POLL
Pro bono work is an indisputably positive activity — in theory. However, the specifics of a pro bono plan are not always so indisputable.
It’s better, but it’s still not really good. What I’m talking about is the situation of law schools.
There is a five-step process for establishing a plan for your business.
Sixty-five was selected as the targeted retirement age because, at the time, only a small percentage of the population lived beyond it, and thus the cost of insurance was manageable.
What should you do if a client says to you, “Give me a 10 percent discount . . . or else”?
Expenses in a law firm can be predicted with greater certainty than revenues, because in a professional practice setting, the expenses tend to be limited in kind and repetitive.
What are the most important words in a dictionary? For lawyers, the most important words deal with accounting.
The practice of law is no different than the business of manufacturing automobiles or cheese. The essence is the same: the only way that these businesses grow is when the owners pay personal attention to their customers/clients.
You know you need to do it, but how? Law firms are rife with data and files, and they must be protected. That’s a given. The specifics, however, often elude lawyers.
It may seem obvious, but some lawyers need reminding: revenue has to exceed expenses in order to have cash flow.
- Marquette Law School Poll: National survey shows Trump win over Biden
- Wisconsin school district releases tape of Black superintendent’s comments that led to resignation
- Evers signals he won’t sign bill to fight PFAS as legislative session nears end
- New York AG says she’ll seize Donald Trump’s property if he can’t pay $454 million civil fraud debt
- Federal student loans for nearly 153,000 borrowers are being automatically canceled, Biden says
- Wisconsin bills to fight ‘forever chemicals’ pollution, speed ballot counting in jeopardy
- DA asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to decide abortion lawsuit without lower court ruling
- Senate votes to reject Evers appointees
- Wisconsin to get $24M after arbitration win in dispute with cigarette manufacturers
- Welcome to the ‘Hotel California’ case: The trial over handwritten lyrics to an Eagles classic
- California judge under investigation for alleged antisemitism and ethical violations
- Driver in Milwaukee crash that killed 5 people gets 25 years in prison
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula