Recent Articles from Derek Hawkins
Newly released report shows child care for two children in Wisconsin costs more than tuition for two students at UW-Madison.
Charges include conspiring to defraud the United States, smuggling, wire fraud, and money laundering.
Gov. Evers announced his appointment of Jorge Fragoso to the Milwaukee County Circuit Court – Branch 23.
Wisconsin's Republican-controlled Legislature was poised to ignore a special session that Democratic Gov. Tony Evers called for Wednesday to pass a $1 billion package that would keep a pandemic-era child care program running, send more money to the University of Wisconsin and create a paid family leave program.
The Republican speaker of the Wisconsin Assembly is blocking pay raises for University of Wisconsin employees.
Republicans fighting to preserve Wisconsin legislative electoral maps they drew argue in new legal filings that a key liberal Wisconsin Supreme Court justice must recuse from the case despite the dismissal of complaints against her related to comments she made about redistricting.
Greene advanced efforts to strip power away from Justice Department.
Gibson, 40, a nurse practitioner and married mother of two young children, won a Democratic primary in June.
The package introduced Monday would create provisions for the state to loan the district up to $50 million for stadium repairs.
Woman accused of pepper spraying four Chicago Police Officers first to be sent home under state’s cashless bail system
After years of debate, Illinois has become the first state to eliminate cash bail.
A former Sun Prairie school resource officer was charged Monday with sexually assaulting a Phoenix Prairie Academy student and exposing himself to another child.
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Watchdog files open meetings lawsuit against secret panel studying Wisconsin justice’s impeachment
- McCarthy allies press GOP holdouts
- States expand Medicaid dental coverage
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel