The Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee and Sojourner Family Peace Center are among 25 nonprofit organizations that will receive grants from Northwestern Mutual.
The company announced the more than $1 million in neighborhood grants Tuesday. They will support change in the Amani, Metcalfe Park and Muskeg Way neighborhoods in Milwaukee, according to a news release.
Northwestern Mutual has supported nonprofit groups in those neighborhoods since 2013. All grant recipients must show measurable impact and results of their programs.
Other grant recipients for 2017 neighborhood grants include:
- ACTS Community Development Corp.
- Artists Working in Education
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee
- COA Youth & Family Centers
- Data You Can Use
- Dominican Center for Women
- Feeding America
- Frank Zeidler Center for Public Discussion
- Harry and Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center
- Journey House
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin
- Local Initiatives Support Corp.
- Metcalfe Park Neighborhood Association
- Milwaukee Christian Center
- Milwaukee Community Business Collaborative
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater
- Neighborhood News Service
- PEARLS for Teen Girls
- Rogers Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Safe & Sound
- Sixteenth Street Community Health Center
- Teens Grow Greens
- The Parenting Network.