Home / Legal News / Lawsuit over carbon monoxide poisoning settled

Lawsuit over carbon monoxide poisoning settled

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) – A more than $2 million settlement has been accepted in the case of a Michigan man who was permanently disabled by carbon monoxide poisoning in Wisconsin.

The Daily Telegram of Adrian reports 60-year-old Larry Brenke of Lenawee County will get payments from four companies following the 2009 poisoning, which happened in a recreational vehicle parked in Tomah, Wis. The settlement was accepted this week in Circuit Court.

The RV’s owner, Allen Smith, and a construction company agreed to pay $1 million. The company that built the vehicle will pay another $1 million. Other companies will pay $75,000.

Brenke and another man accompanied Smith on the trip, and all three were sickened after their first night. Other portions of the lawsuit previously were settled.

Information from: The Daily Telegram, http://www.lenconnect.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *