A federal judge has fined a Chinese wind turbine manufacturer $1.5 million for stealing trade secrets.
A case pending before the state Supreme Court will determine whether the Wisconsin Public Service Commission has to go back to the drawing board on a 2012 wind siting rule.
Lawmakers who have put up obstacles to lawsuits against businesses are pushing a bill that would let plaintiffs recoup more money in actions against wind farms.
If a bill moving through the state Capitol becomes law, Dave Enz says he would be more likely to sue the owner of a wind farm he argues drove his wife and him away from their Brown County home.
11-2332 & 11-3258 Muscarello v. Winnebago County Board
- Trump Tower in Chicago sued for failed compliance with environmental laws
- Police chief suspended after raid
- FDA wants to regulate laboratory tests
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel