Appleton attorney who allegedly beat his wife, kids and abused his legal assistant had OLR hearing Wednesday
Johnson, who is white, says his use of the "n" word is "kind of a term of endearment between minority men and a quote from a movie."
The third day of the State Bar of Wisconsin's Annual Meeting and Conference in Milwaukee began with an opening plenary session on ethics.
Bond was revoked and the defendant was remanded into the custody of the sheriff pending sentencing. A scheduling conference via zoom will be held on May 1 at 1 p.m. to schedule sentencing.
Former Wis. assistant district attorney remains in good standing while on trial for secret sexual recordings
The trial began Monday, April 24, for former Burnett County Assistant District Attorney Daniel P. Steffen.
There are frequent reminders for lawyers in Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs and articles on the importance of civility among adversaries. Civility, like all good lessons, should flow from the top down, as children learn from their parents. In law, that means civility starts with the judges and court commissioners.
A judicial oversight commission has dismissed a complaint against a liberal-leaning Wisconsin Supreme Court justice who accused an attorney for former President Donald Trump of making racist contentions and trying to protect his "king" in a case challenging the 2020 election results in the battleground state.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has revoked a law license from a former Milwaukee County juvenile court judge who had pleaded guilty to federal charges of transmitting child pornography.
A rare complaint to the Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility based on sexual misconduct has resulted in a stipulation for settlement and an expedited Minnesota Supreme Court hearing.
A Milwaukee-area attorney has had her license suspended for 60 days after first receiving a public reprimand in 2020.
A judge on Wednesday ordered the investigator hired by Republicans to look into the 2020 election in Wisconsin be fined $2,000 a day until he complies with court orders related to open records requests.
A criminal-defense attorney is losing his law license after threatening to use former criminal defendants to cause harm to an ex-girlfriend, physically assaulting her, making hundreds of unwanted phone calls to her and threatening to send harmful information to her employer, among other things.
After a third disciplinary hearing in five years, the Office of Lawyer Regulation and Supreme Court have suspended an Oshkosh attorney’s license for one year.
- Voir dire begins in federal jury trial of man allegedly shot by four Milwaukee officers
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Animal welfare advocates file lawsuit challenging Wisconsin’s new wolf management plan
- Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd’s killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
- Wisconsin Attorney General announces $100,000 water pollution settlement
- Milwaukee man sentenced to 30 year bifurcated prison term as ringleader of $9.6 million cocaine conspiracy
- Gov. Evers Grants 82 Pardons, Bringing Total Pardons Granted to 1,111
- Wisconsin District Attorneys’ Association recognizes work of state prosecutors
- Madison man gets 40 years for killing ex-girlfriend, whose body was found under pile of furniture
- Democrats urge Wisconsin Supreme Court to overturn Republican-drawn legislative maps
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula