A Milwaukee County judge has postponed a decision on whether to bypass a trial in the civil case of John Henry Spooner, who shot and killed his teenage neighbor as the boy's mother watched in horror.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker served two days as Juror No. 20 on a personal-injury case, but he was dismissed just before deliberations began Wednesday because the CEO of a company involved in the case had donated to his campaign.
In a new court of appeals case, the doctrine of mutual mistake in a home sale contract meets a motion for sanctions based on frivolous claims.
The city of Milwaukee and the owners of a vacant downtown parking garage have agreed to drop contempt motions and further settle portions of a lawsuit, according to court documents.
Milwaukee city attorneys are pursuing a second set of contempt charges against the owner of a downtown parking garage.
A judge Friday found the owner of a downtown Milwaukee parking garage in contempt of court, and the ruling could cost the company as much as $2,000 per day.
Years of ignoring city deadlines finally could prove costly for the owners of an abandoned downtown Milwaukee parking garage.
Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Kevin Martens said during a hearing Wednesday that the inquest into the death of Derek Williams will begin Feb. 11.
The family of a 13-year-old boy who was fatally shot outside his Milwaukee home has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the 75-year-old suspect and wants an order to prevent the man from disposing of his assets.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel