Gov. Tony Evers has appointed Rachel A. Graham to the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, District IV. The appointment fills a vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Gary Sherman.
A state appeals court threw out charges Thursday against a sex offender who clipped photos of children out of magazines and newspapers, ruling he can possess the images because he didn't create them himself.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court unanimously reversed the Court of Appeals in a decision that would have remanded a case to the circuit court in order to expose a drunken driver to a higher maximum sentence.
A portion of a Republican-written law that gives the governor the power to block new education rules is unconstitutional, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
The Bench Blog’s Santa asked Wisconsin Supreme Court justices and Court of Appeals judges what they want in their appellate Christmas stockings.
A Dane County couple whose trip to Mexico was delayed because a cab driver didn't show up is entitled to thousands in damages, the Court of Appeals ruled Thursday.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court used a numerical ratio to reduce what it considered to be an unconstitutionally excessive punitive damages award.
In an overly long opinion, the Wisconsin Supreme Court decided a child abuse case involving a presentence plea withdrawal without an appropriate illumination of the law.
A student's YouTube video degrading his Spanish teacher is protected speech but the boy is still delinquent for violating Wisconsin's law against abusing computer communications, a state appeals court judge ruled Wednesday.
Milwaukee County’s Board of Supervisors narrowly approved a measure Thursday to petition the state Supreme Court to review a case that could affect county employees’ pensions.
A pension board’s decision to alter the terms of a pension does not affect those already vested in the system, the state appellate court said in an opinion Thursday.
A former legislator says he'll run to retain his seat as a Wisconsin appeals court judge in next spring's election.
- Kenosha man gets life in prison for fatally stabbing his father, stepmother with a machete in 2021
- Official who posted ‘ballot selfie’ in Wisconsin has felony charge dismissed
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- County sued over death of pet dog shot by police
- Illinois taxpayers to foot $160 million bill to keep migrants warm in Chicago as winter approaches
- Report says Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers used alternate email under name of Hall of Fame pitcher
- Voir dire begins in federal jury trial of man allegedly shot by four Milwaukee officers
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- Judge asked to block part of a North Dakota abortion law
- UnitedHealth suit alleges faulty AI led to denied claims
- Animal welfare advocates file lawsuit challenging Wisconsin’s new wolf management plan
- Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd’s killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula