The Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday that local health departments do not have the authority to close schools due emergencies like the coronavirus pandemic.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has opted not to act on proposed rule change that aimed to expand state courts' ability to use videoconferencing but, in doing so, raised concerns about defendants' rights.
Although the majority of the Wisconsin Supreme Court agreed a Kenosha company didn't have a claim against the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for property damage in a recent decision, the three dissenting justices said the majority's opinion is going to cause confusion throughout the court system.
Four former Wisconsin Supreme Court justices have endorsed Ryan Owens, a Republican candidate for Wisconsin attorney general.
A split Wisconsin Supreme Court has decided an assessor properly valued a contaminated piece of property in downtown Milwaukee when he based his valuation on the potential rental income from its parking lot.
After a second petition to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, a former Fond du Lac attorney who saw his law license revoked will be able to practice again.
An attorney's Wisconsin law license has been suspended for 60 days as reciprocal discipline for his disbarment in Minnesota.
Wisconsin Judicial Council members are hopeful about reviving the council’s relationship with the Wisconsin Supreme Court after their latest meeting.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court on Friday rejected a Republican request that all state redistricting lawsuits start in the high court.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has agreed to hear the case of a Shawano County transgender woman who has been prohibited from changing her name because of her listing on the state sex-offender registry.
A divided Wisconsin Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld the conviction of a man who was found guilty of arming himself with a gun while intoxicated, rejecting his arguments that his core Second Amendment rights outweighed a state law against brandishing firearms while drunk.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has indefinitely suspended the law license of the former Waushara County district attorney. Laura Waite was appointed as the Waushara County district attorney in April 2020. After a months-long, unexplained absence from the district attorney’s office, a judge found her to be absent in August and appointed a special administrative prosecutor […]
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel