State Bar of Wisconsin swears in new President, WisDOJ budget, cybersecurity, and public defender and ADA salaries discussed
Board of Governor's Meeting went into closed session only 31 minutes into the meeting.
Wisconsin on brink of constitutional crisis as courts face unprecedented DA, public defender shortage
Editors Note: Our Managing Editor, Steve Schuster spoke to Judges, the Office of Lawyer Regulation, Federal Prosecutors, District Attorneys throughout the Midwest, the State Bar of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Attorney General, Governor Tony's Evers office, as well as legislatures to determine the full extent of the problem and possible solutions on how to fix Wisconsin's broken criminal justice system.
Cheryl Furstace Daniels has been sworn in as the new president of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Chief Justice Ziegler gives update on court operations, recognizes Milwaukee County’s Triggiano during MBA meeting
Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Annette Ziegler provided an update on court operations as pandemic-related restrictions lift throughout the state and recognized Milwaukee County Chief Judge Mary Triggiano's leadership during the Milwaukee Bar Association's 2021 annual meeting.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court approved changes to emeritus membership status at the State Bar of Wisconsin and re-established a rule to allow more supervised practice time for law students.
State Bar of Wisconsin officials are defending a petition that seeks to modify the bar membership status of older members, a proposal opposed by the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners.
The State Bar of Wisconsin is offering free legal advice to small businesses harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. Supreme Court has declined to take up a lawsuit over the State Bar of Wisconsin's mandatory bar dues.
The Madison attorney Cheryl Daniels is the newest member of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s leadership team in what has proved to be a historic election for the organization. Daniels defeated Michael May, Madison city attorney, in the April race for president-elect. Her victory marked the first time in State Bar history that three women […]
Madison attorney Cheryl Daniels has been elected the State Bar of Wisconsin president-elect, marking the first time in State Bar history that three women will serve as the organization’s top leaders. The State Bar announced Daniels’ election on Friday. Daniels, a government lawyer at the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection in Madison, […]
The State Bar of Wisconsin is asking its Board of Governors to eliminate the $4 dues increase proposed in its 2021 budget to help lawyers who are struggling with financial hardship amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The State Bar of Wisconsin is working to help lawyers with both personal and professional difficulties brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- OSHA fines two Wisconsin construction companies after Lambeau Field carpenter’s death
- Vehicle wanted in Chicago homicide crashes into Milwaukee school bus during police pursuit
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Henry Kissinger, secretary of state under Presidents Nixon and Ford, dies at 100
- Judge dismisses liberal watchdog’s claims that Wisconsin impeachment panel violated open meeting law
- Milwaukee casting foundry sentenced for violating Clean Water Act
- IRS delays rules for payment apps’ users
- Judge cites handwritten will and awards real estate to Aretha Franklin’s sons
- Former Wisconsin GOP Attorney General Brad Schimel is running for the state Supreme Court
- Kenosha man gets life in prison for fatally stabbing his father, stepmother with a machete in 2021
- Official who posted ‘ballot selfie’ in Wisconsin has felony charge dismissed
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula