If a circuit court determines a child is in need of protection or services (CHIPS) due to a parent's neglect, refusal, or inability (for reasons other than poverty) to provide necessary care to the extent that the physical health of the child is seriously endangered, the circuit court may order the child removed from the parental home.
We review the report of the referee, Reserve Judge William M. Gabler, Sr., recommending that this court revoke Attorney Christopher S. Petros' license to practice law in Wisconsin, require him to pay $5,000 in restitution to the father of a former client, and require him to pay the full costs of this disciplinary proceeding, which total $3,910.22 as of February 3, 2021.
The petitioners, Southwest Airlines and AirTran Airways (collectively, Southwest), seek review of an unpublished opinion of the court of appeals affirming the circuit court's determination that Southwest does not qualify for the "hub facility" property tax exemption.
Ismet Islami seeks review of the court of appeals decision affirming the Waukesha County Circuit Court's grant of summary judgment in favor of Kemper Independence Insurance Company (Kemper) denying coverage to Ismet for the loss of her home.
The petitioner, Southport Commons, LLC (Southport), seeks review of a published court of appeals decision that affirmed the circuit court's grant of the Department of Transportation's (DOT) motion for judgment on the pleadings.
The petitioner, Ronald Collison, seeks review of an unpublished per curiam decision of the court of appeals affirming the City of Milwaukee Board of Review's (Board) determination that his property was properly assessed at a value of $31,800.
We review a report filed by Referee Kim M. Peterson, recommending this court reinstate John Hotvedt's license to practice law in Wisconsin.
The question in this case is whether a vehicle stop was supported by reasonable suspicion of drug activity.
This case is before us on certification from the court of appeals pursuant to Wis. Stat. § (Rule) 809.61 (2019-20).
The Court entered the following order on this date: On March 15, 2021, Attorney Laura Waite filed a request pursuant to SCR 22.34(11), for indefinite suspension of her license to practice law in this state due to her medical incapacity.
This disciplinary matter comes to the court on Attorney James C. Ritland's appeal and the Office of Lawyer Regulation's (OLR) cross-appeal of a report and recommendation of Referee Allan Beatty.
This is a review of a published decision of the court of appeals, Country Visions Cooperative v. Archer-Daniels-Midland Co., 2020 WI App 32, 392 Wis. 2d 672, 946 N.W.2d 169, affirming in part, reversing in part, and remanding with directions the Fond du Lac County circuit court's order granting Country Visions Cooperative ("Country Visions") specific performance of its right of first refusal to a [...]
- Judge bars media cameras in slayings case, but the court will livestream
- $2 million awarded by Federal jury for MPD excessive force, officers’ failure to intervene
- Wisconsin Attorney General joins multistate Amicus Brief to uphold laws restricting gun magazine capacity
- Lawyer with ties to Brookfield, Wis. sentenced to four Years in Federal Prison
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, has died at age 93
- Gov. Evers appoints Toni L. Young to the Racine County Circuit Court
- Gov. Evers appoints Frank Gagliardi to the Kenosha County Circuit Court
- Unions in Wisconsin sue to reverse collective bargaining restrictions on teachers, others
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- OSHA fines two Wisconsin construction companies after Lambeau Field carpenter’s death
- Vehicle wanted in Chicago homicide crashes into Milwaukee school bus during police pursuit
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula