Nearly every inmate and worker in a Wisconsin prison who tested positive for COVID-19 has recovered, the state Department of Corrections reported on Monday.
All prisoners and staff in Wisconsin's 36 adult prisons will be tested for COVID-19 under the state Department of Corrections' plan to resume more normal operations.
A shortage of correctional officers to work in Wisconsin's prisons cost taxpayers more than $42 million in overtime last year.
A judge has ordered forced feeding to continue for a Waupun prison inmate who says the practice is punishment.
A small group of Wisconsin prison inmates plan to launch a hunger strike this week in hopes of persuading the Department of Corrections to eliminate long-term solitary confinement, likening it to torture.
- Trump Tower in Chicago sued for failed compliance with environmental laws
- Police chief suspended after raid
- FDA wants to regulate laboratory tests
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel