A recent court decision in Dane County could affect the way Wisconsin landlords are able to evict tenants.
The Milwaukee County court system could save upward of $250,000 annually with an electronic case filing system, but the move could mean less work for court staff members.
Debt collection is just a part of running a business for Joan Ballweg, who owns a John Deere dealership in Waupun.
Longstanding precedent holds that federal courts can’t enjoin state court proceedings, despite the state court defendant’s claim that the proceedings violate federal rights. Younger v. Harris, 401 U.S. 37 (1971).
Check out these interesting legal blogs.
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Wisconsin DNR board appointees tell Republican lawmakers they don’t support wolf population limit
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Money laundering complaint filed against Justice Protasiewicz by convicted felon, election denier, alleged stalker
- Gov. Evers continues to seek applicants for Barron County Circuit Court
- GOP, Garland clash at hearing
- Bipartisan group of Wisconsin lawmakers propose ranked-choice voting and top-five primaries
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission staff leakers face 9 months prison, $10,000 fine
- Republican legislators fail to respond to child care crisis survey
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel