The state Assembly is moving to approve bills intended to prevent suicide in Wisconsin.
The partisan squabbling over a $110,000 grant for a suicide prevention hotline continues as the group waits to receive the funding a month after lawmakers approved releasing it.
A bipartisan Wisconsin legislative task force reversed course Wednesday by recommending the faster release of money for a suicide-prevention hotline after it had initially called on the Legislature to pass a bill to award the money, which would take much longer.
La Crosse County officials are considering structural changes at the county's juvenile prison after a spike in suicide attempts.
A sheriff's detective walked into Chuck Lovelace's gun shop in Mount Horeb this spring and delivered unsettling news: A man who had bought a handgun at the shop a few days earlier used it to kill himself.
A cellmate is accused of helping a man in the Portage County Jail in a suicide attempt.
Attorney ranks fourth on the list of professions with the highest rate of suicides, according to data released earlier this year.
The state of Wisconsin has agreed to pay a $737,500 settlement in a wrongful death lawsuit resulting from the suicide of Jessie Miller while he was an inmate at the Columbia Correctional Institute in Portage.
The duty to take more active anti-suicide measures arises only when the risk is imminent, the 7th Circuit has ruled, affirming summary judgment for state officials who treated a teenager who hung himself while in a youth detention facility.
Racine County Circuit Court Judge Dennis Barry was found dead Thursday morning of an apparent suicide, according to Racine County Medical Examiner Tom Terry.
- Judge dismisses liberal watchdog’s claims that Wisconsin impeachment panel violated open meeting law
- Milwaukee casting foundry sentenced for violating Clean Water Act
- IRS delays rules for payment apps’ users
- Judge cites handwritten will and awards real estate to Aretha Franklin’s sons
- Kenosha man gets life in prison for fatally stabbing his father, stepmother with a machete in 2021
- Official who posted ‘ballot selfie’ in Wisconsin has felony charge dismissed
- Federal court rules brokerage firm breached 1994 contract
- County sued over death of pet dog shot by police
- Illinois taxpayers to foot $160 million bill to keep migrants warm in Chicago as winter approaches
- Report says Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers used alternate email under name of Hall of Fame pitcher
- Voir dire begins in federal jury trial of man allegedly shot by four Milwaukee officers
- Court denies revocation of adoption
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula