Liberal majority told Chief Justice Annette Ziegler they didn’t plan to release the changes to administrative rules on Friday, Aug. 4, but after Ziegler demanded a copy she sent them out to news outlets before a statement was issued to court personnel.
Banning drop boxes for absentee ballots across Wisconsin was rash and unnecessary.
Wisconsin's conservative-controlled Supreme Court ruled on Friday that absentee ballot drop boxes may be placed only in election offices and that no one other than the voter can return a ballot in person, dealing a defeat to Democrats who said the decision would make it harder to vote in the battleground state.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court's conservative majority said Thursday that a transgender woman cannot change her name because she is on the state's sex offender registry and the law does not allow people on the registry to change their names.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court wrestled Tuesday with whether to block a Madison school district policy that prohibits staff from informing parents that their children have changed genders, with opponents arguing the policy amounts to a secret experiment on children and supporters countering that the guidance protects student privacy.
A divided Wisconsin Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with Republicans in a redistricting dispute, ruling that it saw no need to make significant changes to the maps that have helped the GOP win majorities in the state Legislature and congressional delegation.
A lawsuit over busing requirements for private, religious schools in Wisconsin will return to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
A divided Wisconsin Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld the conviction of a man who was found guilty of arming himself with a gun while intoxicated, rejecting his arguments that his core Second Amendment rights outweighed a state law against brandishing firearms while drunk.
This week’s ruling from the Wisconsin Supreme Court was considerably narrower than what a lot of people seem to think. There’s a critical point that people are missing: the ruling wasn’t on whether a mask mandate is legal in and of itself. That question remains open.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court is considering whether an appellate court conducted a proper reasonable suspicion analysis in a case centered on a traffic stop that resulted in a gun charge.
Judge Shelley Grogan has entered the race for District II Court of Appeals.
The Wisconsin Supreme Court split this week on the question of what constitutes a violation of a felon's Second Amendment rights.
- Marquette Law School Poll: National survey shows Trump win over Biden
- Wisconsin school district releases tape of Black superintendent’s comments that led to resignation
- Evers signals he won’t sign bill to fight PFAS as legislative session nears end
- New York AG says she’ll seize Donald Trump’s property if he can’t pay $454 million civil fraud debt
- Federal student loans for nearly 153,000 borrowers are being automatically canceled, Biden says
- Wisconsin bills to fight ‘forever chemicals’ pollution, speed ballot counting in jeopardy
- DA asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to decide abortion lawsuit without lower court ruling
- Senate votes to reject Evers appointees
- Wisconsin to get $24M after arbitration win in dispute with cigarette manufacturers
- Welcome to the ‘Hotel California’ case: The trial over handwritten lyrics to an Eagles classic
- California judge under investigation for alleged antisemitism and ethical violations
- Driver in Milwaukee crash that killed 5 people gets 25 years in prison
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula