A man who drove the car that helped pull down the statue of a Civil War hero and abolitionist outside of the Wisconsin state Capitol during a night of protests in 2020 has been sentenced to six months in jail.
The U.S. attorney for Milwaukee sought to alleviate concerns Friday about federal agents being sent to the city by President Donald Trump, saying they will assist local and state law enforcement in combating violent crime and would not be breaking up protests.
A collection of Chicago activist groups want a judge to block federal agents sent to the city to combat violent crime from interfering in or policing protests, arguing in a lawsuit filed Thursday that the surge ordered by President Donald Trump will inhibit residents' ability to hold demonstrations.
A new Wisconsin poll finds that 61% of respondents support Black Lives Matter protests happening across the nation.
A judge has struck down permit rules being used to prosecute outstanding tickets against Wisconsin Capitol protesters.
Gov. Scott Walker's administration's crackdown on a handful of state Capitol protesters violates their constitutional right to free speech, American Civil Liberties Union attorneys alleged in a lawsuit filed Monday.
The 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will take a second look at the constitutionality of a Missouri city’s ordinance restricting protests at funerals.
The Takings Clause provides that no person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
By TODD RICHMOND Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Clogging the Wisconsin Capitol grounds and screaming angry chants, tens of thousands of undaunted pro-labor protesters descended on Madison again Saturday and vowed to focus on future elections now that contentious cuts to public worker union rights have become law. Protests have rocked the Capitol almost […]
By DAVID A. LIEB Associated Press MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Dozens of rounds of live rifle ammunition were found Thursday scattered around the grounds of the Wisconsin Capitol, where large crowds of people have been protesting Gov. Scott Walker’s proposal to rescind nearly all collective bargaining rights for most public employee unions. State attorneys revealed […]
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel