It’s common knowledge that almost all civil cases are resolved before trial. Sometimes, lawyers and parties are able to reach a resolution by direct negotiation. Often, it is necessary to use a mediator. Thus, the importance of an excellent mediation submission is crucial.
A Wisconsin judge was wrong when he accused his co-workers of criminal misconduct, according to an investigator.
Even while some in Wisconsin call for a law that would prevent 17-year-olds from being tried as adults, state lawmakers have yet to take formal steps in that direction.
Can a government agency that reviews crime-victim complaints sanction a judge over the timing of a sentencing in a sex assault case?
The University of Wisconsin System regents have filed a lawsuit against UW-Oshkosh's former chancellor and chief business officer over alleged improper financial transactions with the school's foundation.
Forgive, me, please, but I think I have a case of report fatigue.
The State Bar is starting a bit early in its attempts to get more money for the courts system in the next year’s budget.
An influx of money from pro hac vice fees will allow Wisconsin’s Access to Justice Commission Inc. to continue its work, but questions remain about its future viability.
The State Bar’s Board of Governors may try again to gain the power to remove one of its own from office.
A closed-door discussion regarding the State Bar’s procedure to hire an outside attorney ended with no decision Saturday morning.
The State Bar’s Board of Governors is scheduled to hold a discussion in closed session concerning the bar’s decision to hire an attorney to represent the organization in front of the state Supreme Court.
Wisconsin attorneys will pay $30 more in dues per year if the State Bar’s Board of Governors passes its proposed budget during its meeting Friday and Saturday.
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel