Wisconsin Supreme Court justices appeared skeptical Friday of arguments that an agency charged with reviewing crime victims' rights could sanction a judge for holding off on sentencing a defendant in a sex-assault case.
Summer. It’s the perfect time to take a break from reading opinions, statutes and codes, horn books and the ever-popular correspondence from opposing counsel expressing consternation at your client’s actions/position.
A bill that would move many 17-year-old, first-time offenders out of the adult court system may not pass before the legislative session ends next month.
It seems like the State Bar may be a little hurt over questions the Supreme Court asked them during a hearing Jan. 21 about a petition that seeks the ability to boot a member of the Board of Governors.
A looming Board of Governors' debate over whether Wisconsin attorneys should pay $30 more a year in State Bar dues is shaping up to be hotly contested.
Wisconsin Supreme Court justices appeared skeptical Tuesday about a State Bar bylaw that several said potentially could give the bar’s governing board broad power to remove a dissenter from office.
State Supreme Court justices on Tuesday are expected to debate requiring aging attorneys to pay dues for five more years.
A Green Bay lawyer has been named president-elect of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
By a 4-3 vote Tuesday, the Wisconsin Supreme Court removed a hurdle to writing appellate briefs in criminal cases.
Madison attorney Pat Fiedler, of Axley Brynelson LLP, won the race for president-elect of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Gov. Scott Walker’s office is seeking applicants for a vacancy on the Dane County Circuit Court bench.
- Marquette Law School Poll: National survey shows Trump win over Biden
- Wisconsin school district releases tape of Black superintendent’s comments that led to resignation
- Evers signals he won’t sign bill to fight PFAS as legislative session nears end
- New York AG says she’ll seize Donald Trump’s property if he can’t pay $454 million civil fraud debt
- Federal student loans for nearly 153,000 borrowers are being automatically canceled, Biden says
- Wisconsin bills to fight ‘forever chemicals’ pollution, speed ballot counting in jeopardy
- DA asks Wisconsin Supreme Court to decide abortion lawsuit without lower court ruling
- Senate votes to reject Evers appointees
- Wisconsin to get $24M after arbitration win in dispute with cigarette manufacturers
- Welcome to the ‘Hotel California’ case: The trial over handwritten lyrics to an Eagles classic
- California judge under investigation for alleged antisemitism and ethical violations
- Driver in Milwaukee crash that killed 5 people gets 25 years in prison
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula