A Wisconsin judge considered Tuesday whether to make clear that local election officials can accept absentee ballots missing parts of a witnesses address, the latest legal fight in the battleground state where Republicans oppose the acceptance of partial addresses.
The case to decide whether a Madison ordinance requiring bird-safe glass on tall buildings will stay in effect is now awaiting assignment in the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
A Wisconsin judge on Wednesday rejected an attempt backed by liberals to allow absentee ballots containing an incomplete witness address to be counted, saying that would disrupt the status quo and cause confusion with voting underway less than two weeks before Election Day.
MAKING HISTORY: Dane County judge sworn in as state’s first Black female judge outside Milwaukee County
For the Dane County Judge Nia Trammell, taking the bench was an emotional experience.
The new Dane County Circuit Court Judge Nia Trammell is the first Black woman to serve as a judge outside of Milwaukee County.
- Madison takes center stage in the world of highway safety
- Hunter Biden pleads not guilty to three federal gun charges filed after his plea deal collapsed
- Attorney General Kaul urges Biden Administration to protect student loan borrowers
- Wisconsin Attorney General Kaul files reply briefs in abortion case
- Cigna Health insurance group to pay $172 million to resolve false claims act allegations
- Alyssa Chojnacki joins Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols
- Brian Cooley joins Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols
- Gov. Evers taps Shawanokasic for Menominee County Register of Deeds
- Trump Tower in Chicago sued for failed compliance with environmental laws
- Police chief suspended after raid
- FDA wants to regulate laboratory tests
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel