Although a recent rule change lets family-law attorneys provide legal services in a piecemeal fashion to clients who might otherwise go without representation, some say lawyers aren’t taking advantage of the new opportunity as much as they should be.
The state Supreme Court has appointed Denis Moran as interim director of state courts.
The state’s court system is still looking for someone to lead its administrative offices as Gov. Scott Walker is proposing cuts to key areas of the legal community.
Wisconsin court officials who allow people to make copies of records with cellphone cameras and scanners shouldn't charge them, according to a legal opinion Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen released Tuesday.
Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson is asking judges and attorneys to lobby for the money the courts are requesting for the 2015-17 biennial budget.
As expected, Wisconsin courts are asking for an increase in their 2015-17 biennial budget, the majority of which would go to reimburse counties for costs incurred for running the circuit courts.
John Voelker, Wisconsin’s director of State Courts, has resigned to take a job as deputy secretary of the state’s Department of Employee Trust Fund.
The State Bar is starting a bit early in its attempts to get more money for the courts system in the next year’s budget.
State justices this week will consider a petition that seeks to make it easier for attorneys to partially represent indigent clients.
A bill that would remove case information from the state courts’ online records system passed out of a state Senate committee Thursday morning.
John Voelker paused, intent on choosing his words carefully, before saying that the courts system is “not the sexiest branch” of Wisconsin’s government.
Supporters of a bill that would remove case information from the state courts’ online records system said Thursday that the harm it would undo far outweighs the loss of the public’s ability to easily obtain court records.
- Milwaukee attorney loses law license in scathing Supreme Court decision
- Wisconsin Supreme Court rejects Democrats’ congressional redistricting challenge
- Milwaukee City Attorney top deputy Odalo Ohiku resigns amid investigations
- Fox Valley man sentenced to 14½ years in Federal Prison for Fentanyl trafficking, firearms
- Fraudulent Wisconsin tax return preparer sentenced to prison
- Harris will tout apprenticeships in a swing state visit to Wisconsin
- FTC sues to block grocery store merger impacting Metro Market, Pick ‘n Save prices
- Shirtless US Senate candidate submerges himself in Wisconsin lake, issues challenge to opponent
- United Healthcare Group company hacked, new security concerns and billing delays
- Evers signs bill increasing out-of-state bow and crossbow deer hunting license fees
- Third person dies from Milwaukee shooting that injured 4
- Marquette Law School to host Canadian Supreme Court justice
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula