Madison (AP) - Wisconsin's chief election official has dispatched staffers to Waukesha County after the clerk there announced she had 14,000 more votes than she reported on election night.
Waukesha - A stunning discovery of votes in Wisconsin could give the state's hotly contested Supreme Court race to the conservative incumbent after a race in which the lead has switched several times as votes poured in from across the state.
Waukesha, WI (AP) – The candidate on the losing end of Wisconsin’s hotly contested state Supreme Court race has started raising money for a recount. JoAnne Kloppenburg’s campaign manager, Melissa Mulliken, said Friday that fundraising efforts for a recount have begun, but she stopped short of saying the candidate would request one. Mulliken refused to […]
Scott Bauer Associated Press Madison – Gov. Scott Walker’s administration asked the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Thursday to dismiss a lawsuit challenging the law that would take away nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers and block any further action by a lower court in the case. The Justice Department filing also asks the […]
Updated election returns posted on a Wisconsin county's website would flip the winner of the Wisconsin Supreme Court race.
Wisconsin voters sent Republican Gov. Scott Walker a clear message about their unhappiness with his muscling through a law restricting union rights by sending a once runaway state Supreme Court race toward a near-certain recount and filling the governor's former post with a Democrat.
Canvassers have started the process of certifying the results of the Wisconsin Supreme Court race.
Madison (AP) — Early returns show Wisconsin's Supreme Court election is very close. The initial returns Tuesday night showed Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser locked in a virtual dead heat with challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg. The race has become a referendum on Republican Gov. Scott Walker's contentious new union rights law.
Milwaukee (AP) — This year’s state Supreme Court race is now the most expensive high-court race in Wisconsin history. A group that tracks spending in judicial races said Tuesday that outside groups combined to spend more than $3.5 million on TV ads in Wisconsin. That tops the previous record of $3.4 million in the state’s […]
While the two candidates for State Supreme Court differ on their views of how well the public financing laws are working, they agree on one problem posed by the campaign spending limits.
The surviving candidates for the Wisconsin Supreme Court know they each have an additional $300,000 to spend between now and April 5, which theoretically, creates a level playing field in terms of advertising.
MILWAUKEE - The four candidates for Wisconsin Supreme Court made their first joint appearance at a Jan. 27 forum hosted by the Milwaukee Bar Association.
- Solo vs. big law: Does size really matter?
- Wisconsin Court System’s director of public information officer retires abruptly
- New lawsuit launched over secret Vos impeachment investigation
- Federal judge rules for students with disabilities in age-cutoff case
- Wisconsin DNR board appointees tell Republican lawmakers they don’t support wolf population limit
- The most prevalent forms of cyber crime (CHART)
- Money laundering complaint filed against Justice Protasiewicz by convicted felon, election denier, alleged stalker
- Gov. Evers continues to seek applicants for Barron County Circuit Court
- GOP, Garland clash at hearing
- Bipartisan group of Wisconsin lawmakers propose ranked-choice voting and top-five primaries
- Wisconsin Ethics Commission staff leakers face 9 months prison, $10,000 fine
- Republican legislators fail to respond to child care crisis survey
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel