Fifteen years after he helped found what is now Pitman, Kyle, Sicula & Dentice SC, Thomas Kyle is preparing to take on larger cases at his new firm, Hupy and Abraham SC.
Want to be a better lawyer, for cheap? Join a listserv.
In amending a bill concerning what doctors must tell patients about alternatives to prescribed medical treatments, lawmakers have missed the mark, says the president of Wisconsin’s trial lawyers association.
A Verona woman is mounting what's believed to be the first challenge to a 1979 state law that caps malpractice damages against University of Wisconsin doctors at $250,000.
A Winnebago County couple has filed a lawsuit alleging that the side effects of Zoloft/sertraline use during pregnancy caused their infant to develop severe birth defects and die after birth.
Jeff Pitman found his calling in 2001.
Tort reform laws passed earlier this year are starting to cause trouble for Milwaukee lawyer Lynn Laufenberg.
The 2011-13 state budget has made it more expensive for attorneys — and, by extension, their clients — to request some standard medical data.
The pending enrollment cap on Wisconsin’s Family Care program could put more senior citizens and mentally disabled people before judges in an already overburdened Milwaukee County probate court. During the past four years, the number of protective-action filings, which include guardianships for senior citizens and young adults with mental health problems, increased by more than […]
- Owner of home health company convicted of $2.8M Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Justice Department awards $4.4 billion to support state, local, and Tribal public safety
- Wisconsin Senate committee votes against confirmation for four DNR policy board appointees
- Corn mill owners plead to federal charges in fatal explosion, will pay $11.25 million
- From bananas to baby socks, lawyers stick to routines before arguments
- Colleges should step up their diversity efforts after affirmative action ruling, the government says
- Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t hear longshot case trying to head off impeachment
- Havana Syndrome hits CIA, Congress in Wisconsin, Russia takes credit
- Wisconsin woman gets life without parole for killing and dismembering ex-boyfriend
- Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
- Wisconsin sues Amazon for illegally maintaining monopoly power
- Wisconsin state Senate’s chief clerk, former Legislative Council attorney, resigns following undisclosed allegation
- Evers appoints McElroy as Price County district attorney
- Evers appoints Ann Peacock to Dane County Circuit Court
- Michael Best appoints Sarah Alt to new role as chief process and AI officer
- Attorney Peter Baziano joins Murphy Desmond in its Business and Real Estate practice groups
- GRGB partner Karnes honored at Run for Justice
- DeWitt’s Miotke reappointed to SPD’s Board
- Hupy and Abraham wins award for ‘Behind the Handlebars’ video series
- Evers appoints trio to Milwaukee County Circuit Court
- Kubiak joins Amundsen Davis’ Business Litigation Service Group
- GRGB partners Jason Luczak, Nicole Masnica honored with Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers award
- Teuta Jonuzi, Joshua Hargrove promoted to equity partners at Tracey Wood & Associates
- Reinhart’s Taggatz joins International Association of Defense Counsel