The trial for a Milwaukee man who prosecutors say methodically shot and killed three of his neighbors at point-blank range will move directly to whether he was mentally competent at the time of the crime.
A Wisconsin man who fatally shot his father and then burned and buried the body has been found not guilty by reason of insanity.
A teen accused of killing his ex-girlfriend's mother in central Wisconsin has pleaded not guilty by reason of mental disease.
A former Dane County sheriff's deputy has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity in the killings of his wife and sister-in-law.
A convicted Beloit man who used an insanity plea to defend against a murder charge is not entitled to a new trial, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.
Despite a few recent cases in which a mental defense was raised, local judges, attorneys and court observers say there has been a decline in the frequency of the defense.
A central Wisconsin woman accused of trying to kill four of her six children to spare them the pain of her divorce has pleaded insanity.
A Wisconsin man who has admitted he killed his three young daughters was an angry, jealous person who decided that his "selfish desire for revenge" was worth more than his girls' lives, a prosecutor said during closing arguments Tuesday.
An Eau Claire man accused of killing a 39-year-old man with a crowbar plans an insanity defense.
An Iraq War veteran charged with fatally shooting his wife, a suburban Milwaukee police officer, while she was on duty on Christmas Eve 2012 entered an insanity plea Friday.
A Milwaukee woman accused of killing a pregnant woman and trying to steal her full-term fetus dropped her insanity plea during a final hearing Thursday before her trial starts next week.
The lawyer for a Milwaukee man accused of shooting and killing his teenage neighbor over allegedly stolen guns says his client plans to use an insanity defense.
- Courtroom outbursts justified exclusion of mother from parental rights trial
- OSHA fines two Wisconsin construction companies after Lambeau Field carpenter’s death
- Vehicle wanted in Chicago homicide crashes into Milwaukee school bus during police pursuit
- Court to weigh social media and First Amendment
- Henry Kissinger, secretary of state under Presidents Nixon and Ford, dies at 100
- Judge dismisses liberal watchdog’s claims that Wisconsin impeachment panel violated open meeting law
- Milwaukee casting foundry sentenced for violating Clean Water Act
- IRS delays rules for payment apps’ users
- Judge cites handwritten will and awards real estate to Aretha Franklin’s sons
- Former Wisconsin GOP Attorney General Brad Schimel is running for the state Supreme Court
- Kenosha man gets life in prison for fatally stabbing his father, stepmother with a machete in 2021
- Official who posted ‘ballot selfie’ in Wisconsin has felony charge dismissed
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Russell Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Benjamin Nicolet
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dustin T. Woehl
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Katherine Metzger
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Joseph Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – James M. Ryan
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Dana Wachs
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Mark L. Thomsen
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Matthew Lein
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Jeffrey A. Pitman
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – William Pemberton
- Power 30 Personal Injury Attorneys – Howard S. Sicula